Recipe by Courtly
"Mini paper cupcake liners or fluted bonbon cups make great holders for these gift-giving treats!" From a brand name baking magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 0.5 (7 ounce) package almond paste
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 -5 teaspoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375. In large bowl, beat flour, butter, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, 3 T. milk and vanilla with mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Cut almond paste into 1/2 inch slices; cut each slice into 8 pieces.
- Shape 1 inch ball of dough around each piece of almond paste. Gently roll to form ball. On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls about 1 inch apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set and bottoms are golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix all frosting ingredients with spoon until smooth. Dip tops of cookies into frosting.