Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dish is like cannelloni without the pasta and the extra effort. This is pretty and exceptional tasting. It will warm up even the coldest heart in the wintertime.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (9 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1 pint cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced mozzarella cheese
- Brown the beef in skillet and pour off the fat.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, onion, parsley, oregano, basil, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and pepper. Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Combine the spinach with the cottage cheese and remaining 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Spoon the spinach mixture around the edges of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Pour the beef mixture into the center.
- Cut each mozzarella slice into 3 lengthwise strips and arrange in lattice design over meat.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.