Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A winter favorite!
Make and share this Snowshoe Hare with Onions recipe from Food.com.
- Skin, clean and cut into pieces the rabbit[s].
- Dredge with seasoned flour.
- Melt the bacon drippings in a skillet or oven proof casserole and saute the rabbit until brown.
- Cover with the onion slices, sprinkle on the seasonings, add one cup water and one c.
- sour cream.
- Cover and simmer very gently or slow bake in a 300 F oven for an hour.
Excellent recipe....My husband started hunting this year and I had a few rabbits in the freezer. The gravy/sauce is great on mashed potatoes. I didn't have thyme so used dill...went great with the sour cream. All five kids gave it a thumbs up!!