This recipe was found in Quick Cooking magazine. My 3 year old and I made them for Santa this year and from the crumbs left on the plate, I think he enjoyed them!
- 510.29 g package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 118.29 ml white shortening
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 946.36 ml confectioners' sugar
- 14.79 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract (for very white frosting, use clear vanilla extract)
- 48 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 candy corn
- 118.29 ml red-hot candies (or you can use mini chocolate chips for this as well)
- Cut cookie dough into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small mixing bowl, cream shortening and butter.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar.
- Beat in milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread over cookies.
- Decorate with chocolate chips, candy corn and red hots.