1/1 Photo of Snowman Sugar Cookies With Frosting
Dine & Dish's Note:
This recipe was found in Quick Cooking magazine. My 3 year old and I made them for Santa this year and from the crumbs left on the plate, I think he enjoyed them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup white shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (for very white frosting, use clear vanilla extract)
- 48 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 candy corn
- 1/2 cup red-hot candies (or you can use mini chocolate chips for this as well)
- 1Cut cookie dough into 1/4 inch slices.
- 2Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 4Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 5For frosting, in a small mixing bowl, cream shortening and butter.
- 6Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar.
- 7Beat in milk and vanilla until smooth.
- 8Spread over cookies.
- 9Decorate with chocolate chips, candy corn and red hots.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Snowman Sugar Cookies With Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (1226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2916.3
- Calories from Fat 1355
- Total Fat 150.5 g
- Saturated Fat 55.6 g
- Cholesterol 197.0 mg
- Sodium 1409.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 390.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 290.2 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
miniature semisweet chocolate chips