Recipe by grandma2969
This is a delightful gift...I sometimes tie on a small ornament, candied spoon, etc along with gift mug..friends and neighbors love these...cocoa is delicious!!
Top Review by npp3512007
This hot chocolate mix recipe isn't the greatest due to lack of authentic chocolate flavor. However, the snowman soup concept is very charming. I will make some of these up with my recipe, put them in a quart canning jar and use the "snowman soup" concept. In my recipe, I don't use the chocolate drink mix. Instead I use dry milk, cocoa powder, sugar, etc. When I can, I add some vanilla powder to the mix or vanilla flavored coffee creamer. With mini marshmallows this surely should bring some fun to the little ones!
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 2 cups powdered instant chocolate drink mix
- 3⁄4 cup non-dairy coffee creamer
- 6 ounces chocolate pudding mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, and store in an airtight container.
- Add the following instructions to a gift tag.
- SNOWMAN SOUP:.
- To enjoy, add 3 tablespoons Snowman Soup Mix to a cup of boiling water.more or less depending upon size of mug and your taste buds.
- there are many cute snowman soup poems on the internet that you can add to your gift card.
- Yield 7 cups.
- I use Nestle Quik for the chocolate powder.you can also add a couple of tablespons of malted milk powder -- .