1/2 Photos of Snowman Soup (Cream of Potato)
DebS #2's Note:
This Cream of Potato Soup is from Chef Dan Strackbein of the Rochester Deli in Waukesha, WI. This is a wonderful creamy soup that is one of my favorite comfort foods to eat on a cold winter day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and diced (snowman's body)
- 1 large carrot, diced (snowman's nose)
- 2 celery ribs, diced (snowman's arms)
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled (snowman's eyes and mouth)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon white pepper (snowflakes!)
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1/4 lb butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- white pepper
- 1Heat salad oil in a 5 quart stock pot.
- 2Sweat onion, celery, and carrots until clear and add garlic and thyme.
- 3Add chicken stock and potatoes, bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4Melt butter in a sauce pan and add flour, cook for two minutes.
- 5Add to stock pot, whisk until smooth. Simmer 5 minutes, add salt and white pepper to taste.
- 6Serve in a bread bowl.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Snowman Soup (Cream of Potato)
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.8
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 65.7 mg
- Sodium 629.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 12.0 g