Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are the scones you have hot with butter and homemade jam. Yummy.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 egg, beaten in measuring cup
- 1 cup milk, added to the egg to make 1 cup
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Cut margarine into dry ingredients.
- Add egg-milk mixture, mix quickly and lightly.
- Just until no dry particles remain, Scrap out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently 8-10 minutes.
- Cut into rounds with biscuit cutter.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 425F for 8 to 10 minutes.
YUM!!! I had the "help" of my toddler in making them, so forgot to reduce the amount of milk. I just added flour until it was workable. Seems to be a very forgiving recipe. Thanks for a keeper!!
I am not baker and these scones turned out perfect. In view of the last review I cut back on the milk and used apprx 3/4 cup. Instead of cutting out rounds I put the dough in a pie plate and cut triangles - served with Orange/Ginger marmalade - Lovely breakfast thanks Anna P for an easy recipe
The snowflakes were good but I had trouble with the dough. Way to sticky! Hope you have better luck then myself.