Prep 3 hrs
Cook 20 mins
These are my family's favorite for Thanksgiving dinner! They're perfect for turkey sandwiches later on!
- 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup instant potato flakes or 1⁄4 cup potato flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into the pan of your bread machine. Program the machine for Manual or Dough. Adjust the dough consistency as necessary with additional flour or water; the finished dough should be soft and supple.
- Allow the machine to complete its cycle.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and divide it into 16 pieces.
- Shape each piece into a ball. Place in a greased 11-inch square pan.
- Sprinkle lightly with flour. Cover and set aside to rise for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle more flour just before placing in the oven.
- Bake rolls in a preheated 375ºF for 16 to 18 min, or until they're light golden brown.
- Serve warm.
I'm not sure what I did wrong, but some were dry and the ones in the center were doughy and they were heavy. Could it be because I used my Kitchenaid to mix it?
Instantly a favorite at my house for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I made a traditional version instead of bread machine using my kitchen aid and kneaded the dough by hand. The rolls are moist and delicious and easy to make they present beautifully! Everyone loved these so much that I was sure to make a double batch so that there are some left after dinner is over!
These do make awesome sandwich rolls but for dinner rolls they were not our favorite. These were a little dry and heavier than I would have liked for a dinner roll. I will definitely make these for our leftover ham sandwiches after Christmas though, yummy. Thanks!