Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
An easy cookie press recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- colored crystal sugar, for decoration
- Cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in egg yolk and extracts, then gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix together the flour and salt, then slowly add flour mixture just until well blended.
- Put dough in cookie press and make favorite shapes (wreath, tree, etc.).
- Sprinkle with colored sugar and bake in 350-degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and let set on baking sheet 3 minutes to set.
- Cool on wire rack.