1/1 Photo of Snowflake Cookies
This recipe is from "The Little Book of Christmas Cooking". It is full of these great little recipes designed for kids to do with adults, with easy step by step instructions. - Keep the cookies in an airtight container and eat them within a week. These little cookies look great when you draw different designs on them with regular and sparkly icing. I suggest using those prepackaged tubes of fine point icing for these cookies, but feel free to use any icing you want to. You will need to have something to pipe the cing on with. You will also need a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter for this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Before you start, grease two cookie sheets with cooking oil.
- 2Put the butter into a bowl and stir until it is creamy. Sift the powdered sugar in and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- 3Sift the flour into the bowl and stir it in with a wooden spoon. Then, using your hands, squeeze the mixture to make a dough.
- 4Flatten the dough a little before you wrap it. Wrap the dough in plastic food wrap and put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. While the dough chills, preheat your oven to 350°F.
- 5Dust a rolling pin and a clean work surface with a little flour. Don't use too much or the dough will get tough. Roll out the dough until it is about 1/4 inch thickness.
- 6Cut out lots of circles with the cookie cutter, Then, squeeze the scraps into a ball. Roll the ball out again, then cut out more circles.
- 7Place the circles onto the greased cookie sheets, about 6 on each. Bake the cookies for about 10-12 minutes.
- 8Remove the cookies from the oven and leave them on the sheets for about 2 minutes. Then, move them onto a wire rack using a spatula. Let them cool completely before you ice them.
- 9To begin the snowflake design, draw a line down the center of one cookie with the white writing icing. Draw two more lines crossing over the first one, so it sorta looks like an X with a line in the middle.
- 10Make the snowflake by adding small likes of writing icing across the ends of the lines. Try making them all a little different, since there are no snowflakes that are exactly alike.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Snowflake Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (2240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1182.5
- Calories from Fat 632
- Total Fat 70.3 g
- Saturated Fat 43.9 g
- Cholesterol 183.1 mg
- Sodium 611.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 125.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 29.7 g
- Protein 13.6 g