Recipe by CherryT
This a german recipe. It was my great grandmothers recipe. It brings back memories of going to her house and eating them at christmas.
- 250 g flour
- 150 g margarine
- 250 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 200 g ground hazelnuts
- 100 g margarine
- 50 g flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- To make the dough: Mix 150g margarine, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nuts, and 250g flour until you have a smooth dough. Wrap dough into foil and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- To make the topping: Mix 100g margarine and 50g flour with 2-3 tsp of water until you have a thick enough dough to spray. Put into a freezer or zipplock bag.
- Roll out the cookie dough 1-2 cm thick. Cut out circles or snowflake shapes and place on backing paper covered cookie sheet.
- Cut a little tip off one of the bottom corners of the freezer bag and spray/dot snowflake designs on the cookies.
- Bake cookies aprox. 10 minutes or until golden brown.