Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This can be used year round by replacing the cherries with the fruit that is currently in season. It's also fun and yummy with biscotti in place of fruit...we won't discuss how I know this.....
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind, very finely chopped
- 1 lb bing cherry
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup toasted coconut
- Combine sour cream, brown sugar and lemon rind in bowl; mix well.
- Chill to blend flavors.
- Arrange cherries on tray with bowls of sour cream mixture, pecans and coconut.
- Dip fruit in sour cream mixture, then in pecans or coconut.
These were really good! I made them with strawberries, since cherries were just out of season. I used a quarter of the dip and coconut and half the nuts for the amount of fruit. I also tried some with pecans and some with sliced almonds. Worth their romantic category!