Recipe by cookiemaker
I make these every Christmas to include with the cookies I give as gifts. It's similar to a lot of other recipes, but this one calls for almond extract, which I think is crucial to give them amazing flavor.
- 1 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 cups pecans, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter with sugar.
- Add flavoring.
- Gradually add flour, mixing in thoroughly.
- Stir in nuts, chill.
- Form teaspoonfuls of dough into balls.
- Bake on ungreased sheet 20 minutes at 350 until PALE golden color.
- Roll while still warm in powdered sugar.
- Can also roll again in powdered sugar after they're cool.