Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are a very popular sweet here in Newfoundland,especially for Christmas.
Make and share this Snowballs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- Combine sugar,milk and butter in large saucepan and boil gently for 5 minutes.
- Start to time it when it starts to boil.Do not stir mixture when it boils,this will result in crystallization of the sugar and the end result will be a dry hard snowball.
- Fold in rolled oats,coconut and cocoa.
- Chill mixture,form into balls and roll in more coconut.