Top Review by Felix4067
Well...the potential is there, but the recipe as written didn't work at all. After the dough was chilled it was virtually impossible to roll into balls without crumbling like mad, so I let it warm back up to room temperature. 400F for as little as seven minutes still burned the daylights out of the bottoms, so I reduced it to 375F and put them in for eight minutes. I doubled the batch and got barely 75 cookies, even making them smaller than one inch. There was no indication how many walnuts or what to do with them, so I left them out. The only reason the star rating isn't lower is that they are truly wonderful, tasty cookies! Much better than the very similar ones from Archway I usually buy.
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened (margarine)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- to taste walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar, salt and margarine thoroughly in small mix bowl.
- Add vanilla.
- Gradually stir flour into creamed ingredients.
- Work nuts into dough.
- Chill well; form into 1-inch balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in 400 degrees oven, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Roll in confectioners sugar.
- Cool on rack, roll again in confectioners sugar.