Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are a delicious and easy holiday treat. The recipe came out of one of the older Purity cookbooks.
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped maraschino cherry
- additional vanilla wafer crumbs
- Beat the cream cheese with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Gradually blend in icing sugar, vanilla wafer crumbs, and salt.
- Make sure that the cherries are well drained, and pat them dry with some paper towel.
- Stir in the cherries.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and roll in vanilla wafer crumbs.
- Keep the snowballs refrigerated.