Recipe by Missy Wombat
This recipe comes from one of Mum's old local cookbooks and was contributed by Mrs Murray Taylor. Mrs Taylor had a pretty good reputation as a cook and these are very quick and easy. I loved them as a kid and my kids happily demolish them too. The recipe is very forgiving too. I've used the sizes of my local tins of condensed milk and packets of biscuits and its basically one of each. These are also excellent if you are asked to bring a plate anywhere. They disappear in no time!
- 400 g condensed milk
- 1 cup sultanas or 1 cup other fruit and nuts, chopped
- 200 g biscuits, eg wine biscuits or 200 g malt biscuits
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- milk (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut, for rolling
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush the biscuits using a rolling pin. I usually put them inside a large Ziplock type bag and roll them until they are reasonably fine.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until one sticky mess. Add milk if the mixture is too dry.
- Roll tablespoons of the dough into balls and then roll in the coconut.