Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Though I found several recipes for Snowballs here, I was surprised this one had not been posted. These are a family favorite and I always make them for the holidays.
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Cream butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar; add almond extract. Stir in flour, salt, and walnuts.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400° oven until set but not brown (about 10 minutes.
- Roll cookies in powdered sugar while warm and again when they've cooled.
These worked out really well, though I only got 40 out of the dough (I guess they were slightly bigger). Delicious and they look great!
This is one of the best snowball recipes I've tried. I got exactly 48 cookies out of the batch. I baked these at my business and all I have there is a convection oven with a set moderate temperature, so these baked for more like 20 minutes in that oven. They came out perfect and I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks much for posting!