Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A little nutty chocolate surprise in each cookie!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted and finely chopped
- 3 ounces chocolate candy with almonds, broken into 36 (1/2 inch)
- Lightly grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper. Beat butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar in large bowl until blended. Add vanilla; beat until blended. Gradually add flour and salt, beating after each addition. Stir in pecans.
- Shape dough by tablespoonfuls into 36 balls. Press chocolate piece into each dough ball, working dough around chocolate to cover. Place balls 1 1/2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour or until dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake cookies 13 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool slightly. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar over warm cookies.