Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
An American twist on an Italian favorite, these ice cream balls are a clever way to make ho-hum chocolate and vanilla ice cream with maraschino cherries something truly extraordinary.
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate cookie crumb
- 1⁄4 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
- 8 maraschino cherries
- Place coconut, chocolate chips, nuts and cookie crumbs in 4 individual shallow bowls.
- Place 1/2 cup scoop of vanilla ice cream in each bowl. Place 2 cherries on top of each scoop. Place 1/2 cup scoop of chocolate ice cream on top to form ball.
- Quickly roll each ball in its coating to cover completely. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Freeze 15 minutes or until serving time. To serve, place each ball in small serving dish.
I cheated and used different flavored ice cream than called for but they were still great! A little messy, but like my kids cared! LOL