Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
We always serve this punch during the holidays and everyone seems to enjoy it! This recipe should make enough punch for 3 punch bowls...with 2 bottles of Sprite for each bowl. However, our punch bowl doesn't hold that much liquid, so I usually end up using about 1/3 of the milk mixture to about 1-1/2 bottles of pop. Prep time does not include chilling the milk mixture.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 6 (2 liter) bottles Sprite
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water and sugar; bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Remove from stove and add condensed milk and almond extract; stir until combined. Refrigerate the mixture until ready to use, or it can be divided and frozen for future use at this point as well.
- Place milk mixture in punch bowl (the milk mixture should be cold at this point) and add Sprite. Stir to blend. Float scoops of vanilla ice cream on top.