Recipe by mandabears
Good snowballs. Using Bisquick makes it easier and just as delicious.
Top Review by landscapechase
This is NOT the original Bisquick snowball cookie recipe which is what I thought it was. Too late to save this batch but I did find the original in my Bisquick baking book AND it uses NO SUGAR except the confectionary sugar to coat the cookies with. Here is the original recipe: 1 cups Bisquick, 1/4 cup soft butter (one half stick), 1/2 tsp vanilla or almond extract, 3 TBSP boiling water, pinch of salt and NO SUGAR (hurrah.) Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, add add boiling water, stir with fork until dough forms a ball and cleans the bowl. Shape into 24 balls, bake 10 to 12 minutes on ungreased baking sheet. While still warm roll each ball in confectionary sugar. Down with sugar.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- confectioners' sugar, to coat
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Stir in baking mix, chopped nuts and almond extract.
- Shape dough by level teaspoons into balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet. (I still lightly spray cooking spray onto cookie sheets).
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Cool slightly before removing from sheets.
- Roll each ball in confectioners sugar while still warm.