Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These cookies are not too sweet and are quick and easy to make. They look nice on your holiday table. My Grandmother got this recipe from her neighbor and asked that I make them for her each Christmas. The rest is history!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or less)
- powdered sugar, reserved
- Cream butter until light.
- Add all other ingredients, except the powdered sugar.
- Mix well.
- Shape into 1" balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees 15 minutes.
- (These should be light in color. Do not brown!) Cool and roll in powdered sugar.
These cookies are great!! I added a little food coloring to the mixture, and rolled them in granulated sugar, so that they "glittered"!! thanks ..
These are excellent and EASY! I took them to work on Christmas and the first comment I got was "perfect". Thanks for posting!
I made these for the Christmas cookie trays. Everyone loved them! Butter, sugar and nuts - what's not to love? I was asked for the recipe more than once. Thank you for posting this recipe! Happy New Year!