Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are a long-standing family tradition at Christmas; it just wouldn't be Christmas without them! They are basically a shortbread-like cookie, rolled into balls and baked, then rolled in powdered sugar while still warm. Delicious!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour (stir to aerate before measuring)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- additional powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400* F.
- Place flour and salt in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a food processor, cream sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add vanilla and flour mixture and process in pulses until well mixed into a smooth dough.
- Form into 1-inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400* F for 10-12 minutes. Cookies should not get brown, so start checking on them after 8-9 minutes.
- Roll hot cookies in additional powdered sugar and cool. Dust with additional powdered sugar, if desired, while still warm.
This recipe was delicious! It was very easy to make. They remind me of a Greek cookie that I absolutely adore. I made them exactly as written. I wouldn't change a thing!