Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My Grandma always makes these every year at Christmas time.. and they are soooo addictive and yummy!! Always one of my favorites..hope you enjoy!! :) (unsure of the yield, but will update when I find out!)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix together flour and salt in bowl.
- Cream shortening, butter, and icing sugar in seperate bowl.
- Blend in vanilla, almond extract, and nuts with the creamed mixture.
- Gradually stir creamed mixture into dry ingredients to form smooth dough.
- Shape into balls with 1 Tbsp dough.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly on the bottoms. (shaped like a flat-bottomed snowball).
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Roll cookies in icing sugar and cool on rack.