Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great Christmas cookies!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup nuts (walnuts)
- 1 lb butter (3 sticks margarine, 1 stick butter)
- powdered sugar
- Cream butter until very light; add sugar a little at a time.
- Add flour a little at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix in nuts.
- Let dough stand in refrigerator over night or at least 2 hours.
- Roll into small balls.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until light brown.
- While still hot, roll cookies in powdered sugar.
This is my favorite version of these cookies, also known as "Russian teacakes". Though I love pecans, I believe walnuts make these cookies just right! Also the refrigeration step is crucial for halping the cookies maintain the round shape while baking.
I've always loved making these cookies and have made them for years but this year I just couldn't find my recipe. So glad to have found it here. They are very easy and taste great. As for the baking, it only took me 15 minutes per batch and not 30 minutes.
Theese cookies are GRRREATT!!!!!I had them before,but my aunt never wanted to give me the recipe..thanks so much for posting this one!They are very easy to make and my son loves rolling the cookies in the powdered sugar!!