Recipe by Korinna
Great Christmas cookies!
Top Review by mary
This is my favorite version of these cookies, also known as "Russian teacakes". Though I love pecans, I believe walnuts make these cookies just right! Also the refrigeration step is crucial for halping the cookies maintain the round shape while baking.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup nuts (walnuts)
- 1 lb butter (3 sticks margarine, 1 stick butter)
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter until very light; add sugar a little at a time.
- Add flour a little at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix in nuts.
- Let dough stand in refrigerator over night or at least 2 hours.
- Roll into small balls.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until light brown.
- While still hot, roll cookies in powdered sugar.