Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of my favorite Christmas cookies, they definitely don't last long around our house. This recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies, depending on the size you make them.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3⁄4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups ground pecans
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla and water, then combine with flour and nuts.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Roll into small balls placing them on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- Roll balls in powdered sugar while hot.
my mom makes these every year for christmas and they are great - they remind me of shortbread with a tasty twist!