Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This snowball cake was on the cover of food & family magazine I received yesterday, it looked so good, I had to make it last night. It was exactly as I hoped. I used my Pampered Chef Batter bowl to bake mine in and it turned out great. Can't wait to make this during the holidays
Top Review by Rachie P
this was a tasty cake and I loved the frosting...but the filling/center was not what I was looking for to emulate the 'snowball'. It was good, but too dense & rich - it was more like a cheesecake filling than a creamy whipped filling. I will keep the recipe on hand as it was a kid-friendly fun cake. I baked mine in my Pampered Chef mixing bowl.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- PREPARE cake batter, in 2-1/2-qt. ovenproof bowl, as directed on package; scrape side of bowl. Beat cream cheese, egg and granulated sugar until well blended; spoon into center of batter in bowl.
- BAKE 1 hour 5 minute or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in bowl 10 minute Loosen cake from bowl with knife; invert onto wire rack. Remove bowl. Cool cake completely.
- MEANWHILE, beat dry pudding mix, powdered sugar and milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 minute Stir in COOL WHIP. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- PLACE cake on plate; frost with pudding mixture. Cover with coconut. Keep refrigerated.