Prep 2 hrs
Cook 48 hrs
Light Anglefood Cake with a Tropical Christmas Flare.
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 (2 ounce) envelopes Dream Whip
- 1 angel food cake mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 30 large marshmallows
- 3 cups corn flakes
- green food coloring
- 24 round red decorative candies
- Dissolve geatin in 1/2 cup cold water.
- Add 1 cup boiling water.
- Completely dissove gelatin and add crushed pineapple, sugar and salt.
- Refrigerate until partly jelled.
- Fold 2 evnvelopes whipped dreamwhip into mixture unitil blended.
- Line large bowl with wax paper.
- Break cake into 1 inch pieces.
- Alternate cake and gelatin mixture until gone ending with mixture on top.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Ice with Dreamwhip and decorate with Hollyberry Cookies.
- For Hollyberry Cookies Heat 1/4 Lb. Butter add Marshmallows until Melted.
- Remove from Heat add food coloring and cornflakes.
- Shape Cornflake mixture on wax paper to look like leaves.
- Add red candies to leave to look like berries.
- Let Harden.