Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the July 1987 issue of Chocolatier, because of the ice cream, although the walnut liqueur is also redolent of winter holidays for me. Nocello is a brand name of walnut liqueur, so any similar liqueur may be substituted.
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons walnut liqueur (Nocello is a brand)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup vanilla ice cream (1 scoop)
- In a mug, combine the coffee, walnut liqueur and vanilla. (A microwave can be used to give a blast of heat).
- Top with vanilla ice cream and serve immediately.
This was GREAT !! A nice relaxer after a days work. Loved the vanilla taste. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders. Made recipe as posted. GREAT TASTE !
This is good and can be enjoyed at any time of the year. I made it to the directions with the exception that I used 1 T of hazelnut liqueur instead of walnut as thats what I had on hand. I used sugar free ice cream and it melted at about the 1/2 way point but I was sipping slowly. This was a real treat that I made with hazelnut flavored coffee :D!
YUM! LOVED this! Perfect balance of all flavors and the cold ice cream/hot coffee both in one sip was a treat. Thanks! P.S. I did use the microwave so the coffee was extra hot before adding the ice cream and the ice cream still lasted 'til the last sip. ;)