Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Take great delight in this cup's silky and subtle flavours, and enjoy its pure creamy look. If a more potent and less pure cup is desired, a splash of Grand Marnier would perform the trick perfectly!
- 2 ounces best-quality white chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup brewed coffee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated skim milk
- Melt the chocolate in a small heavy saucepan over very low heat, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the coffee and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the milk, increase the heat to medium, and heat while stirring until the mixture is steaming hot, but not boiling.
- Pour the mixture into a blender container and whiz until frothy, or use a hand blender.
- Pour the chocolate into 2 cups and serve.
Oooh yum, I used Cadbury Dream white chocolate (not best-quality couveture but still good) & this was divine. Thanks Annacia!
Excellent, rich lower fat alternative to regular white hot chocolate. I liked it just as it. DH added more coffee to his cup. Both tasted great! Thanks Annacia!