Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great Christmas salad because of the whiteness or I guess a good winter salad too. It calls for decorating w/halved red candied cherries and green candied cherries for making holly leaves.
- 2 (1 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- 2 (5 ounce) envelopes whipped dessert topping mix
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin and water, set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring pineapple and sugar to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in gelatin mixture until dissolved.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Stir in marshmallow cream and pineapple mixture.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare whipped topping according to pkg. directions.
- Fold whipped topping into pineapple mixture.
- Pour into an ungreased 9x13 inch dish.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Decorate w/cherries if desired.
This is a refreshing salad, which we actually ate for dessert.It gets so darned hot where I live and we try to eat the coolest things possible. I had a small can of mandarin oranges, so I added that, otherwise I followed the recipe. Thanks for sharing! Made for a forum event at KK.