Prep 14 mins
Cook 25 mins
I adopted this one from the RecipeZaar account. I have not had a chance to make this. **I am sure that you could easily substitute regular chocolate chips for the morsels. I don't think I can find morsels here so I will use normal chocolate chips when I make these... hopefully that will be soon!
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup Nestle Toll House Baking Cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 2⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 ounces Nestle Toll House holiday shapes and morsels, divided
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Microwave butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power 1 minute; stir until melted.
- Stir in sugar and water. Stir in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture. Stir in 1 cup Shapes & Morsels. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 18 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Spread with whipped topping. Sprinkle with remaining Shapes & Morsels.
- Refrigerate until serving time. Cut into bars.
I did a great bunch of sticky,yummy, brownies with this recipe. I ran out of butter/margarine though so I used olive oil instead. I also threw in dry toasted,unsalted peanuts into the batter before baking. Nice! Thank you for the recipe.
I'm sure no one cares about the snow this time of year, but these brownies, will, I'm sure, make a big hit this evening when guests arrive! They're different enough to attract attention, & tasty enough to satisfy any chocoholic who seriously indluges! A very, very nice change from those with 'regular' frosting! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]