Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
This dish looks beautiful on a buffet table or is a great low cal appetizer. There is a slightly spicey flavor but nice. Don't put all of the horseradis in at once if you are concerned about it being too hot Serve at room temperature.
- 24 snow peas, trimmed
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons horseradish
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 6 ounces low-fat cream cheese, room temp
- 3⁄4 cup sliced radish
- salt and pepper
- Blanch the snow peas in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Immediately dash them into cold water (use a few Ice cubes in the water).
- Slit open the inside if each pea (I call the"inside" the slightly concave side).
- Set aside.
- Puree the remaining ingredients in a food processor until very smooth.
- Spoon the radish cream into each of the snow peas (if you have an icing tube or pastry tube they will work well and give an even finish).
- Arrange the filled peas on a platter already covered in red lettuce or radicchio leaves.
- Arrange them in a pattern (Fan, Spray, side by side or whatever).
Went to a wedding of one of my students and after several people came to my house. I had to have some food ready as soon as we arrived. (just cake at wedding). I made these the day before and stuck in fridge. They were one of the biggest hits! And yes, they were better at room temp. Since I was adding the hot sauce, I decided to use red beet horseradish and it turned out a pretty pink against the green shells. Since I had them sitting overnight, I added 1//2 tsp potato starch to mixture so it would be a bit firmer. I spooned mixture into the shells and then used a chopstick to make swirls. Thanks for yet another top dish from your kitchen to mine!