Recipe by Annacia
This is a simple veggie dish that goes well with almost anything. It looks nice enough for company or a holiday dinner. Fresh snow peas are the preference but frozen will work well too. 10 mins prep time is for frozen peas, fresh will take a bit longer.
Top Review by Boomette
I'm trying to include more veggies in my life so this one seemed perfect for me. And I love water chestnuts. I had to try it. It's so easy to do. I let it cook almost 15 minutes while I was doing many more things. I gave it a stir sometimes. I didn't add salt and pepper. I liked it that way. Very healthy and yummy. Thanks Annacia :) Made for Newest zaar tag
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas (or 2 6oz pkgs of frozen snow peas)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces water chestnuts (drained and sliced)
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash fresh snow peas if using; trim the ends and string.
- Defrost snow peas and dry on paper towels.
- Melt butter in a wok or lg skillet and add the peas, water chestnuts, garlic, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Cook over high heat, stirring, until veggies are tender crisp. Serve immediately.