Recipe by Annacia
This is a simple veggie dish that goes well with almost anything. It looks nice enough for company or a holiday dinner. Fresh snow peas are the preference but frozen will work well too. 10 mins prep time is for frozen peas, fresh will take a bit longer.
Top Tweak by jes17545
Butter is not a great fat to use for stir frying due to it's low smoke point, and the typical practice of stir frying snow peas quickly under high heat. So I used half sesame oil and half canola oil. This gives the dish more of an Asian taste, along with the addition of a bit of diced fresh ginger. Otherwise, a great dish and easy to prepare.
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas (or 2 6oz pkgs of frozen snow peas)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces water chestnuts (drained and sliced)
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash fresh snow peas if using; trim the ends and string.
- Defrost snow peas and dry on paper towels.
- Melt butter in a wok or lg skillet and add the peas, water chestnuts, garlic, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Cook over high heat, stirring, until veggies are tender crisp. Serve immediately.