Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Bon Appétit (April 2009).
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Add almonds and cook until golden and fragrant and butter begins to brown, stirring frequently, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add snow peas and shallot; sauté until snow peas are crisp-tender, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat; add lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and serve.
Tried this last night, excellent! would also be good with pinenuts substituted for the almonds.