Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 dried red chili pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 lb snow peas, trimmed
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Put oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chile pepper and a few minutes until color starts to darken.
- Remove chile pepper and add cumin seeds.
- Stir a minute, raise heat to high and add snow peas and bell pepper.
- Turn frequently, season with salt and black pepper.
- Cook until bell pepper and peas begin to soften, about 3 or 4 minutes.
This was a simple and tasty dish that can be simple from the freezer or fresh ingredients as you have them.
So fresh, crunchy and colorful and I liked the addition of the cumin seeds. Start to finish this took 7 minutes. Perfect.