Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a nice cold appetizer with two of my favourite foods, snow peas and shrimp.
- 30 fresh snow peas
- 1 (7 ounce) can baby shrimp (rinced and drained)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion (green part only)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cover snow peas with boiling water and let stand for 1 minute.
- Drain well and plunge into ice water.
- Drain again.
- Remove stem and strings from peapods, carefully open with a toothpick.
- Combine shrimp with the mayo, green onion and lemon juice.
- Fill pods with the shrimp mixture.
- Chill and serve.
I'm always looking for appetizer recipes. This one was so good!! I did it exactly as directed. Not only did it taste wonderful it made for a pretty presentation. Thanks so much for sharing.
Brilliant recipe! I was skeptical at first, but it was easy and delicious! Even my husband (who doesn't really care for snow peas) thought this was very good!