Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb snow peas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- ground black pepper
- Pour the water into a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and add the snow peas to the pan.
- Blanch them for 1 minute and drain.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick frying pan.
- Add the sesame seeds and brown them lightly.
- Add the snow peas, shallots, and pepper.
- Saute for 1 minute and serve.
Very tasty and easy side dish! I was looking for something to accompany an asian-style chicken dish and this was perfect. I personally would've blanched the peas just maybe a minute longer but my dinner guests liked them this way just fine!
I was looking for a dish to use up the rest of my snow peas I had on hand. I came across this and was so glad that I did. DH didn't really care for it. (He said "I don't like beans!" I said "these are not beans!!!") Repeat this a couple of times and you will start to feel my frustration.... any way we are still married. I do plan to make this again. Thanks Dancer for posting.