Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I love snow peas and this is a delicious way to prepare them. From Taste of Home.
- 3 cups fresh snow peas
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- Cook peas in boiling salted water until crisp-tender; about 1-1/2 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Cook cauliflower in boiling salted water until crisp-tender; about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a bowl, combine peas, cauliflower, water chestnuts and red pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving; shake dressing and pour half over the pea mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate remaining dressing.
Loved it! I reduced the cayenne pepper. I omitted the garlic and grated onion. Instead I diced some green onion to give it a more oriental â€œlook.â€� Thank you for this great recipe I will definitely make it again.