Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
This was an improvisation of Bittman's "Snow Peas with Ginger." I didn't have fresh ginger, and I thought some mushrooms with it would be good. It was really delicious.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (or other neutral oil)
- 2 cups snow peas
- 6 medium cremini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- ginger powder
- Pinch off the ends of the snow peas, pulling out any strings that may be attached. Wash and drain them.
- Clean mushrooms. Remove stems. Slice.
- Mix several shakes of ginger with the soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Heat oil in 10- to 12-inch skillet over high heat. One minute later, add peas and mushrooms. Stir and toss occasionally until peas are lightly browned and their green color is vivid, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour in the soy sauce mixture. Put into serving bowl, and serve immediately. Can season with salt and pepper if desired.