Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
An easy and quick veggie dish that can be served with any main dish.
Make and share this Snow Peas with Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb snow peas, trimmed
- 3⁄4 lb mushroom, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- Lightly cook snow peas in boiling water (1-2 minutes) and drain.
- Melt butter in skillet, add mushrooms with salt and pepper.
- Cook stirring constantly about 2 minutes.
- Add snow peas, ginger and shallots.
- Toss to blend and cook about 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately.
I made this last summer when our snow peas were in season. (sorry for late review) We really liked this recipe. The combo of the snow peas and mushrooms is a good match. I will be making this again this next summer when the peas are in abundance. Thank you for this really good recipe....Stephanie
This recipe wasn't bad for the combination of snow peas with mushrooms. And it was very easy. I think that it lacked a bit of spice, the ginger didn't come out. I didn't boil the snow peas because I didn't want to lose the crispness of them. I sautÃ©d the shallots, then added the snow peas. I think that if we do these again we'll add a bit of basil.
I used snow peas from my garden and it not only tasted great it also looked wonderful. Thanks Tebo....