Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From The Best Recipes in the World by Mark Bittman. "A small and perfectly easy dish. The finishing touch of hot sesame oil is a common garnish in Hong Kong and a nice one."
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon corn oil or 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Put the oil in a 10- or 12-inch skillet, preferrably non-stick, over high heat. A minute later, add the ginger and peas and stir and toss occasionally, until they are lightly browned and their green color is vivid, about 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and transfer to a platter. Add the sesame oil to the same pan and heat for about 10 seconds. Pour over the snow peas, season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
YUM! Fast, simple and easy! We'll I guess trimming them is a little annoying but my kids were watching a show w/ popcorn so they were happy :) I will make again! I joined WW a few days ago so I reduced the oil (canola) to 1 tsp to make the recipe 3 Points total. Next time I will reduce the sesame oil to 1/2 TBS so the toal will be 2 Points. It had plenty of oil on them! Thanks even my kids enjoyed a few.
Nice easy and tasty recipe! I might be inclined to add some toasted sesame seeds next time...and there will be a next time! Thank you for an easy veggie side dish that's different!
So easy and so good. I love it !!