- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger (1 tsp dried)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of the sherry and 3 teaspoons of the cornstarch; mix well.
- Stir in the chicken.
- Cover, refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine soy sauce, remaining sherry,remaining cornstarch and sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a heavy cast iron frypan or wok, heat oil over high heat until very hot but not smoking.
- Add chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken, set aside.
- Add garlic and ginger to pan, stir well,add onions, snow peas and water.
- Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Return chicken and soy sauce mixture to pan and stir quickly over high heat until hot.
- Serve over rice or noodles.