Prep1 hr 5 mins
Make and share this Snow Peas and Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of the sherry and 3 teaspoons of the cornstarch; mix well.
- Stir in the chicken.
- Cover, refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine soy sauce, remaining sherry,remaining cornstarch and sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a heavy cast iron frypan or wok, heat oil over high heat until very hot but not smoking.
- Add chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken, set aside.
- Add garlic and ginger to pan, stir well,add onions, snow peas and water.
- Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Return chicken and soy sauce mixture to pan and stir quickly over high heat until hot.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
I enjoyed this stir-fry. It was light and refeshing. Loved the crunch of the snow peas. Marinating the chicken with the sherry certainly added a nice flavour to the dish. We will use the recipe again. Thanks Dorothy :-)
Great recipe! Even hubby commented on how good it was....as he scarfed it down! I did tweak it a little. I doubled the sauce and I added a little bit of honey. I didn't have low sodium soy sauce, so the honey took the 'edge' off the saltiness. One thing hubby suggested for next time is to replace the 1/2 cup water with chicken stock instead. I'll be making this again for sure!
Excellent stir fry recipe. If you get everything ready ahed of time it tkes minutes to make. I thought I had sherry in the house - last minute no sherry - I used equal amounts of Brandy Excellent.. Use the full amounts of the onions, garlic & ginger - they are so tasty on your rice. Thanks Derf for a very enjoyable meal. Love your recipes.