Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
An easy to make side dish.
- 3 large carrots, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb fresh snow pea
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut the carrots into slices, diagonally.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan and add the carrots.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Saute the shallots in the butter in a large skillet for 1 minute.
- Add the carrots and snow peas, turning to coat with butter.
- Add the sherry and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Delicious - is how I would discribe this recipe. I used Marsala wine instead of sherry and matchsticked the carrots. I didn't pre steam them as they cooked very quickly with the snow peas. Served with Pork & peppers stir fried and steamed noodles. A gourmet meal