Recipe by runswithfork
A quick and easy recipe with few and inexpensive ingredients. We made this when we were kids and I was exited to make it again! I served it with beef rice (the cheap packet kind) but you can make a fussier style if you like. We all loved it!
- 1 lb beef tenderloin (or round steak)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces snow peas
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the beef across the grain into 3/4 inch slices. Remove all gristle and fat.
- Toss with soy sauce, salt, cornstarch, onion, garlic and 1 T of the oil.
- Set it in the fridge 20 minutes or so (optional). This is a good time to cook your rice and prep the snow peas if needed.
- Time for moving fast! Add 2 T of the oil to your skillet for 1 minute or until pretty hot. Stir fry the snow peas 2 minutes then transfer to your serving dish.
- Add another 2 T of oil to the skillet and warm it to hot. Then toss in the beef mix. Spread it out, let it brown about 1 minute, turn it all, brown another minute, then stir until done.
- Toss with the snow peas and serve over rice with soy sauce on the table.