Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy salad that goes well with Asian food, but is tasty enough to serve with anything. It is best made ahead of time, which works well for entertaining! If you don't have fresh snow peas, frozen snow peas work, too. I have also used a whole tomato, chopped, in place of cherry tomatoes. From Kathy Lane, a long ago pal.
- 1 lb snow peas
- 1 cup cocktail tomatoes, halved
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced and drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Cook the snow peas in a small amount of boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes. They should be tender but still crisp. Chill.
- Combine with water chestnuts, tomatoes, and green onions.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Add to the vegetables and toss gently.
- Chill overnight for best results.