Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe years ago and thought the name was strange but I guess it does look like snow on a mountain when it is served. It is delicious.
- 2 bunches romaine lettuce
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower
- 4 strips bacon, fried and crumbled
- crumbled blue cheese (, as desired)
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion top
- Trim bases off lettuce.
- Separate leaves and rinse; pat dry.
- In small bowl combine mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, garlic salt and pepper.
- Stack the lettuce leaves on a cutting board and cut crosswise into small pieces, enough to measure 9 cups.
- Transfer to a large salad bowl.
- Pour the seasoned mayonnaise over the lettuce and toss well; set aside.
- Wash and trim cauliflower.
- Cut the cauliflower head in half.
- Grate half the cauliflower.
- Mix the grated cauliflower with the bacon, blue cheese and chopped green onion tops.
- Sprinkle over the top of the salad.